When I hear chicken marsala, it just sounds like a fancy dinner, and even though my version is without wine, this recipe did not lack any flavor.
I like buying chicken tenderloins to cut my time in half. Buying regular chicken breast is also fine, just cut them in half to make them thinner and pound the chicken to tenderize them.
Here are the substitutes I used:
- Greek yogurt instead of cream
- Chicken tenderloins instead of whole chicken breast
- I can’t believe its not butter instead of regular butter
We enjoyed this delicious recipe with a side of mashed potatoes, but it also goes well with rice.
I know that this recipe goes with a splash of wine, but because I didn’t have any on hand I didn’t add any. But also not adding the wine made this recipe very low calorie and guilt free to eat any night of the week.
If you want to try the real thing with heavy cream and wine, I found this amazing recipe on Cafe Delites
Chicken Marsala without the wine
Do you need a fancy and delicious dinner, well you can never go wrong with chicken marsala. This lightly bread chicken and meaty mushrooms will never disappoint.
- 12 oz Chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1.5 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Butter (I can’t believe is not butter)
- 1/4 cup Chopped onions
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 Cloves
- 2/3 cup Chicken broth
- 100 grams Plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Salt & pepper
- Directions: Place chicken in a zip lock bag with 1 tbsp of flour, salt, and pepper. Heat medium skillet and coat with cooking spray. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan add onions, minced garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are translucent. Add chicken broth, yogurt, and the rest of your flour. Place chicken back in pan and let it simmer. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition facts: 176 cals, 27.6g protein, 6g carbs, 5.2g fat
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest